The Pensacola State College Department of Public Safety is committed to the safety of students, employees, and visitors at all Pensacola State College campuses and centers. The Department of Public Safety takes a proactive stance in response to crime on campus and strives to identify problems and address issues before a crisis occurs. A student is encouraged to assist the Department of Public Safety by contacting the department when any of the following occur:
- You are a victim of crime occurring on campus.
- You are or may be a victim of domestic violence.
- You are a victim of rape (including acquaintance rape).
- You are being stalked.
- You know of crimes occurring on campus.
- You have been a victim of crime, on or off campus, and need information, counseling, or referral for further help.
- You have questions about Florida laws or law-related issues.
- You need help and do not know where to go or who to ask for information.
- You need assistance starting your car.
- You need car key assistance to enter your car.
- You would like a police escort to ensure safety to or from your class.
Public Safety and Security Hours and Information
The department operates 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Uniformed police officers patrol the campus by marked vehicle, foot patrol, and buggy. Police officers carry firearms and have authority to make arrests. Additionally, uniformed public safety officers assist in situations that do not call for specific police action. If you have an on-campus emergency, please contact (850) 484-2500.
In case of an extreme emergency, dial 9-911 on campus telephones. This will connect you to a law enforcement operator of the jurisdiction where you are located. That agency will dispatch emergency help. It is important to stay on the line and tell them your location.
Additional information can be found by visiting http://www.pensacolastate.edu/publicsafety/.