Student Resource Center for ADA Services
The Student Resource Center for ADA Services is located on the Pensacola campus in Building 6, Room 603, and can be reached by telephone at (850) 484-1637. A student with documented disabilities is enrolled in classes for inclusion in the educational experiences common to all students. A variety of services are provided:
- Orientation to campus facilities;
- Personal and vocational counseling;
- Special classroom arrangements;
- Information and assistance to faculty;
- Coordination with local community services;
- Referral to community agencies;
- Braille and taped materials;
- Adaptive computer software programs for reading materials;
- Special testing accommodations;
- Note taking assistance;
- Interpreters for deaf and hard of hearing; and
- Textbooks on tape.
When necessary, course substitutions can be made pursuant to Florida Statute 1007.264 and State Board of Education Rule 6A-10.041. Accommodations for the GED and other standardized tests are also available.